Huawei has kicked off the January 2022 HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 7 series smartphone in China. This update brings security improvements that protect the devices against threats and vulnerabilities.
According to the information, the January 2022 security update for Huawei Nova 7 smartphones arrives with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124. However, the base version required to install the latest update is HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52.
After the installation of the HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 firmware update, the overall system security and performance of the device will be improved. However, this is an update that comes with tiny package size, so make sure that the device contains enough storage.
List of devices getting updated:
- Huawei Nova 7 5G (JEF-AN00)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G (JEF-AN20)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G (JEF-TN00)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G (JEF-TN20)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G Pro 5G (JER-AN10)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G Pro 5G (JER-AN20)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G Pro 5G (JER-TN10)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G Pro 5G (JER-TN20)
New Software Update details:
- New version: Huawei Nova 7 5G users getting HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11 upgraded from 18.104.22.168. While the Nova 7 Pro 5G users grab HM OS version 22.214.171.124 from 126.96.36.199.
- Changelog: Installs the HarmonyOS security patch released in January 2022 for better system security.
January 2022 HarmonyOS patch details:
The January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch fixes 4 CVEs in the framework, 10 CVEs in the system, and 5 CVEs in the application. Additionally, it also resolves the massive count of 111 CVEs found in the third-party libraries.
Huawei Nova 7 gets EMUI 12 in global market:
Huawei has confirmed that eligibility of the Huawei Nova 7 series to get EMUI 12 major software update. Currently, this series is under EMUI 12 beta program and registered users have started receiving the beta builds to test the new features. Read more
Huawei Nova 7 smartphone users can download the updates in two ways that are mentioned below.
Open the smartphone settings, visit the system & updates section, tap on software updates followed by CHECK FOR UPDATES. Wait until the phone is connecting to the server and check for the latest update. If you found the update, hit the download button and install it.
Via My Huawei app:
Open My Huawei app on your smartphone, visit the software update section, and follow-on screen instructions to download and install the update.