Last week Huawei began to rollout stable EMUI 12 for Mate 30 Pro smartphone in the global market. Now, the Chinese tech maker started to rollout EMUI 12 software update for Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone in Europe that comes with EMUI 12 version 184.108.40.206. This update package comes with an OTA package size of 4.8GB. (via – Huaweiblog)
Stable EMUI 12 for Huawei Mate 30 Pro users in Europe will allow consumers to install the latest EMUI version software features and change the user experience as compared to EMUI 11 software system.
Therefore, you can download this software update and install all of the features on your phone. Before you move on to the update section, you should know that this software update is expanding in batches and you may have to wait to get this software rollout for your model.
EMUI 12 is a major software update that comes with lots of new features and enhancements that include an intuitive interface, new fonts, notification panel, control panel, smart folder, and more.
How to check for updates:
To download the latest software update, you need to visit Settings, open System & updates > then visit Software update. From here tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES. Once an update is available, tap on DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL, afterward, the phone will begin the software update installation.
EMUI 12 changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.