Huawei has started to release new software updates for the Huawei Nova 8 SE smartphone. This update mainly improves system security by installing the January 2021 security patch.
In November last year, Huawei launched the Nova 8 SE smartphone with two different hardware configurations in China. It provides a 6.53-inch display with 2400 x 1080 resolution, EMUI 10.1, MediaTek Dimensity 720/800U processor, 64MP rear camera, 16MP selfie camera, 3800mAh battery, etc.
On the other hand, it is worth noting that Huawei has paid great attention to these newly launched phones and has released back-to-back software updates with several fixes and optimizations.
In the latest update, Huawei has improved the security of the Nova 8 SE system by releasing a security update in December 2020, which fixes 1 critical CVE and 11 high-level CVEs.
- Huawei Nova 8 SE users using EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.1.148/149 upgrade from 10.1.1.147/148.
- Security: Integrate the Android security patch released in January 2021 to improve system security.
- January 2021, security patch details: install security patches for different levels of exploits and problems in Huawei mobile phones, including 4 critical levels, 1 medium level and 25 advanced CVEs.
How to update:
To download this update manually, go to Settings, System and Updates, then open Software Update, and select Check for Updates from here. If an update is available, it will pop up on your phone and display the “download and install” option. Press option and start downloading.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the support app. To do this, open the “Support” app, go to the “Services” tab on the bottom bar, click Update, then select “Check for updates”, then download and install.
- This update is rolling out in batches, so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- The update will not delete any data.
- Keep enough storage space and battery on your smartphone.